Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Ten Things I Plan* NOT To Do During Wedding Planning:

10. Buy a bridal magazine.
9. Go into a bridal store.
8. Spend too much money on silly prefab details.
7. Buy anything the WIC (Wedding Industrial Complex) tells me is vital to having a real wedding, unless it's something I LIKE (ie: I do want a pretty white dress).
6. Let my family change my mind about something just because it's not what they want (although I will listen to and respect their opinions).
5. Get freaked out over things that don't really matter.
4. Listen to anyone who tells me I can't do something myself, that I should just hire a professional.
3. Listen to anyone who tells me I'm not doing it the right way.
2. Forget that our goal is to have a fun, special day with our loved ones.
1. Forget that the whole reason a wedding is being planned at all is because I'm going to marry the man I love.**


*Notice that I use the word plan, not swear. There might be moments of weakness where I cave and do exactly these things. For example, I found myself in Wal-Mart yesterday ogling little bubble containers shaped like champagne glasses, and I'm pretty sure that falls under #8.
**This is an exception to the above note. I don't just plan not to do this, I PROMISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment